Sunday, October 21, 2012

Not settling for my own...

The prayers of a righteous man avail much (powerful and effective) (James 5:16).

 If the righteousness James is discussing was really my own then it wouldn't result in much at all- my righteousness is like filthy rags. However, it's not my own righteousness he is talking about but Christ's righteousness that I wear as a robe because I am a believer.

Christ's righteousness is like a blazing sun. When I pray, wearing the robes of Christ's righteousness that every believer is given through faith and grace, I can partner with God to usher in His will into this world and establish His kingdom now.

So pray for each other! It matters, it makes a difference. It's God's design that we ask Him to establish His kingdom in each other's lives. A kingdom of life that can affect our work, our home, our relationships. Our health, our daily duties and tasks. Our dreams, our cares, our concerns.

Not that we are asking Him to impose our will on our day but that we might welcome His will into our day.

And how much more will be affected in myself and in my life if I welcome His will into it rather then settle for my own will.

No comments:

Post a Comment